A Teacher Training course has been introduced. These courses - places strictly limited - are open to anyone who has taken a Basic Training Workshop.
Teacher Training Programme - 2008
The 10 day training course is held over a period of four weekends. It is conducted by Patricia Norris and held at a convenient (and charmingly unusual) London, West End location.
Because of the tutorial nature of the course, involving concentrated, organized group work and personal instruction, demonstration and development counselling by the founder and originator of the Technique, the number of students in each course is limited to six.
1. A training day starts at 11am and breaks for lunch at 1pm, resuming instruction at 2pm and finishing at 5pm - or somewhere in that region. Pat always works with mutual tolerance as a recognised factor.
2. After nine days of instruction there will be a break of 4-6 weeks during which time each student must work with a buddy and, on return to the course, be able to demonstrate an ability to conduct a Basic Training Workshop. If successful the student receives Certification for one year.
3. Two post-certified review (PCR) days take place during the year following certification for which there is no additional fee. These are designed to allow the teachers to be together again, exchange relaxed reports on their experiences and generally touch-base on what has worked and what hasn't. A suggested agenda from NT is sent a few weeks before each meeting and attending at least one of these is necessary in order to maintain certification.
4. After a year of certification there is a one-day examination for a full one year license. This initial "promotion" is made formal by recognition on the website for a fee of £150. During the year following there will be a post-licensing day that serves in the same way as the post-certification meetings. However, it will also be a time for NT to vet performances of the Technique by all of those attending. Their ability to demonstrate the standards expected of all NT teachers will determine whether or not there will be a re-licensing for another year. The fee for this day and the re-licensing is £100.
5. The fee for the course is £1,500 payable in full on registration, or by three post-dated cheques of £500, the last dated two weeks before commencement date.
2008 course dates are as follows:
|Material Copyright © 2006 The Norris Technique of Body Alignment NORRIS is a registered trademark of Patricia Norris.|